Friday, December 21, 2012

What Get's Me Through.

There is sooo much I want to blog about since last Friday! Lives have been changed all around the country, even here in my corner of the world. My blog is suppose to be about my journey to get fit but I feel as though this is necessary to share.  Dec. 14th was the day 26 innocent lives were taken by a troubled young man and that many people in my school district that I work with were given notices of being laid off-To say that my heart was very heavy, was an understatement.

Through all of the gunshots and pink slips, one special lady{who recieved a pink slip herself) held it together. While people were comforting and patting her shoulder-Her response was "I know my God and I know he has a plan."  Oh! how we would all be better off if in those moments we could say that. Some days I fail miserably at doing this but some days it happens for me. This is what get's me through those moments. Seeing Jesus in disguise through my family and friends. They inspire me to do better and trust God more. I am so thankful for all of them.

I will finish up this post with a quick recap of my weekly food and fitness goals. If I am going to share my journey to getting fit, I think it is only fair for me to tell you my goals! My short term goal is to lose 30 lbs by May and eventually 50 lbs before the end of August. I realize it didn't take me just a few months to put it on so I am going to give myself roughly 9 months to get rid of my unfit self!

Each week I am aiming to lose about 1.5 to 2 lbs. I have a brilliant app on my Android phone that allots me a certain amount of calories based on how much I weigh It has a scanner on it so you can scan the package you're eating out of and it logs it for you!{What will they think of next!} All you have to do is enter the serving size. The handy app has an exercise log too! So, even though it logs it for you, you still have to actually get up and move.;) The app is called Lose It! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitnow.loseit&feature=search_result#?t=W10. {check it out here!} and the best part about it.... you guessed it... ITS FREE! 

For my workouts, I usually get about 20-40 minutes in of Just Dance 4. Although, it has been tougher the past two weeks to work out because I only get 1 hour to workout, get dressed for work and make lunch for my hubby! How do I do it!You Say! I know what has to be done if I want to fit in those certain pair of jeans that make me feel like a million bucks, and I get it done.
{so..no more of this!!}


If I can't fit in my dancing, I use another cool app on my phone called  Workout Trainer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skimble.workouts&hl=en {check it out here!] which allows you to pick what you want to do based off how much time you have,what body part you want to work and how hard you want to work.

I haven't weighed in this week to see if I have met my 1.5 to 2 lbs loss goal. Check back here next week to see if I have achieved those first 2 lbs gone!

2 comments: