Friday, January 25, 2013

Breath of Fresh Air

Week after week, I usually come to the blog defeated by the stress at work or by the lack of exercise I was able to accomplish or by something that doesn't seem to work out for the good of my goals.
 
This week, I am ever so happy to say, has been a breath of fresh air. My work is improving and I have been able to workout everyday this week AND eat healthy! I feel so much better and energized throughout the day when I can workout and eat nutritious food! Within a month of this journey, I have lost 5  LBS and 3 INCHES off my body! Now, that may not seem like a lot to everyone, but to me, it means that the weight CAN come off which is the push I need to keep going. What is that popular saying "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." My single step is losing that first 5 pounds!
 
On another achievement note, my son is finally sleeping through the night!!!!! This is a HUGE deal for my me because since day one of  Mason's birth, he hasn't slept a night without mommy. He turned 6 months old Wednesday and I couldn't have been more exhausted! I love my kids but they don't sleep well! I was just about at my wits end after an hour and forty minutes of no sleep Monday followed by another unsuccessful Tuesday when magically he just decided to start sleeping through the night on Wednesday. No screaming, no crying- NOTHING. Just my sweet boy sleeping.I think I should also put credit where credit is due. My sister (Aunti Mo) is the one responsible for this rare occasion.
She laid him down and 10 minutes later....

Blissful sleep!!!






   

He woke up happy and rested!

 
 
 
 To end on a sweet sour note.........
 
As you all know I am in love a fan of chocolate and all things sweet. Well, I decided to get my Sandra Lee on ( Semi- Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee on Food Network). I have had a hankering for frozen yogurt for awhile now. So,I tried out this recipe I found on Pinterest:
 
 Photo courtesy of : pinporium.com
                                                
Ingredients:
  • -Hershey's Cocoa-Unsweetened 2 tbsp.
  • -Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt 6 oz
  • -Stevia (zero calorie sweetner) 2-3 packets(to your taste)

Directions:

Mix and freeze for 45 minutes, then ENJOY!
                                       
Seems pretty simple and possibly healthfully delicious. I grabbed me a spoonful and ........FAIL! This frozen yogurt tasted like cold chocolate sour cream! It was quite literally the worst dessert I have ever made!!!! I am so sorry to whoever came up with the recipe but it was just terrible. My sister, who takes part in my healthful adventures, completely agreed!!
 So, as I failed to satisfy my sweet tooth with this recipe, I ask you- wWhat is a healthy dessert recipe you recommend? Until next time, happy fitnessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment