Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy Cheesecake New Year!!

I hope everyone had a Happy and Fun  New Years! We had lots of fun hanging out with my parents and the kiddos( who knew family could be so fun !!) We all played Just Dance 4 and it was absolutely the funniest thing !!! at the bottom is a slight preview of the nights festivities(my parents!).
Every year we have a tradition of eating cheesecake and drinking sparkling cider on New Years Eve. This year was no different- EXCEPT the recipe that was used. As a sweets enthusiast, I decided not to fight away the urge to eat our family tradition but to work with it-- making a new healthier version of our holiday favorite! So, I went searching for a cheesecake recipe that was portion appropriate and pretty easy to make. I stumbled upon this recipe on Google. It was the fourth link down. Now, my picture (seen at the bottom) is by no means "food pretty" but these little cups of yumminess  were great and only 87 calories a serving!!!! I know your thinking ...but how do WE know its good???? Well, you can trust the food palettes of my family-all experienced cheesecake eaters. I asked for an honest opinion and they all seemed to like it!
The only recommendation I have is to use the good brand of vanilla wafers and only use one even if it doesn't cover the whole bottom of the cupcake liner!
As this year came to a close, I didn't so much care that I was just at home lounging around with the fam. I wasn't at a lavish party or some swanky hotel but I was with some of the most important people in my life. We may fuss and we may fight but in the end we are always there for each other. When it all comes down to it, all we really have in this world is the life God gives us. Remember to appreciate the ones he puts in your lives and know that family isn't just blood-related, it could be your best friend that you feel is your family. Whoever it may be, thank God for them and hug them tight every time you see them. I hope you enjoy this post and there is more healthy recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment