Friday, January 18, 2013

Buying healthy

I just spent one and a half hours and $220.00 on groceries that will most like last my family of four adults and four children (one is still on formula) for about a week. That crazy! We go every other week to buy groceries and we aim to spend about $130 or so. But lately buying the healthier version of everything if at least $2.00 to $3.00 more than the not so healthy version. You see as a busy mom and worker bee of the world, my meals have to be time efficient and need to be packed full of the right ingredients to keep my energy up. Through my shopping this week,I discovered some wonderfully scrumptious chocolate candy that is much healthier and lower in calories then most candy.
Have you ever heard of Skinny Cow? They make delicious low calorie ice cream and treats. At the bottom of this post is the delectable chocolate that I just had to try. Its good and only
130 calories! It cost me 1.50 at Walgreens but if you are interested in spending a little less money on candy, click here and you will be on you're way to Skinny Cow coupons.

Besides grocery shopping this week, I have been struggling with working out this week due to a very difficult schedule. I've had to take my kiddos to the doctor twice, I had to sub for a class and do after school program on one day which puts me working at least 10 hours out of the day. I was able to workout yesterday and today. During my workouts recently, I have been craving a huge cheeseburger afterwards!!! Anyone feel the same?? So, I did some research and found out that the hour after you work out is the "golden hour" to eat. (learn more about the "Golden Hour here")Most experts suggest eating a protein and carbohydrate after your workout (ex. Peanut butter sandwich with yogurt and granola). So, to avoid wanting eating that huge cheeseburger, I am going to try the "golden hour" rule.  I'm hoping it will help because sometimes I give in to this cheeseburger craving and ruin my workout. Any little detail on this weight loss journey helps!

Update on weight loss:

According to the scale I have lost only 2 pounds since I have been doing this!!! only 2!!!! I have wanted to give up so much these past few days because of emotional stress and my busy life. Although I want to give up, I refuse too. I am going to finish this race. I want to reach my goal so I can be able to say this

 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith"—2 Tim. 4:7

Although some people may say this verse doesn't apply to me wanting to lose weight, I believe that scriptures are meant to be read by how God shows them to you. This scripture reminds me to keep fighting the fight no matter what. Not just to reach my goal in weight loss but my goal to be a good mother,wife,leader, and Christ follower.   I believe that God wants us to be the best we can be each and every day. Although he doesn't require us to be perfect and accepts us for who we are -Human- ,
I do think he wants us to try our hardest at everything we do. When I see my Christian friends still believing in an all powerful and mighty God and achieving things above and beyond what anyone expects them to do, I know this to be true.  I hope you have a healthy and blessed weekend! And remember to continue fighting the good fight!



No comments:

Post a Comment